Sunday, June 11, 2006
Is it irony?
Last week at church we started a series of sermons about the importance of becoming more involved with the church family. Last week was the importance of being regularly involved in worship. Today, during the sermon on group Bible study, it hit me. I'm going to be away from my church family for 4 straight Sundays. I thought that was a bit ironic. Then again, there was a reason I was nowhere close to being an English major. I can never really get what is & isn't ironic straight. Maybe I should just call it freaky coincidence?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It would be ironic for the preacher--who had just encouraged the flock to be more involved in church--to leave for a month.
It is only coincidental that you will be away for a month, just after such a sermon.
See "ironic" "usage note" at http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ironic.
Post a Comment