I admit it, I'm a bit sentimental about my teams. That being said, today was not a good day for the sentimental fan.
First I wake up to see the big, above the fold, article in the newspaper being that the Titan's were trading away #9 Steve McNair. And you know you're in Tennessee because it's not above the fold in the sports section... I mean front page above the fold. The sports section only had 4 pages of articles on the deal. I knew something like this was most likely coming. But it still stinks! McNair's the whole reason I became a Titan's fan. He's one of the toughest quarter backs I've ever seen play the game. I understand professional sports are a business, so management sometimes have to make decisions purely on a financial basis... but why did they have to trade him to the Raven's?! WHY??? Just about any other team would've been better.
Then this afternoon I discovered that the Predators had decided not to resign the team captain Greg Johnson. I started expecting this a few weeks ago when they re-signed a couple of younger guys a few weeks ago that play the same position. He was one of 3 original players left from the first season. I was really hoping that he would be able to retire as a Predator. It just seemed like the right thing to do for the team captain. Unfortunately the team has a lot of young talent ready for their turn & he wants to keep playing.
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment