I just saw that the Dead Wings are done. I tried to muster a bit of sympathy but... nope it's just not there. I completely respect the team. They have really great players & have the team concept down. I just don't care for their fans. I thought Vandy & UConn fans were obnoxious... they're cuddly little teddy bears compared to some of these guys.
There are a lot of Detroit transplants that came when the Saturn plant opened. I haven't decided which ones are worse: the Dead Wing fans that think they know it all & that we're all a bunch of rednecks or the PredWing fans who are Predator fans until they play the Wings & suddenly we're all a bunch rednecks.
A part of me had thought that it would be a good thing for the Dead Wings to win tonight since people around the league have said Detroit & Nashville's records were inflated since the other 3 teams in the division were so bad. If Detroit could get to the next round then those people would have to be quiet. But then I read this blog post & suddenly became an Edmonton fan. Wonder what they'll be setting on fire in Detroit tonight with this loss. Oh wait, that's what they do when they win.
At least the Predators were a 4 seed losing to a 5 seed, this was a 1 seed losing to an 8 seed. I've got to go send a few "sympathy" emails.
Monday, May 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment