After work last night, I wanted to buy a book about Scotland. Since I am going there, I thought I should learn a bit more about it. I know, I could just look it all up on the internet, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist and there are some places you just can't carry a computer. So I could go to Davis-Kidd, a local independent bookstore in town. Which happens to be my favorite bookstore in the entire world. Or I could go over to Opry Mills, go to Barnes & Noble & look for a good raincoat in Bass Pro and Sun & Ski Sports at the same time. Being the practical person I am, I chose the later. I found a good but thin book on Scotland which can go in my suitcase. Then, I found a Columbia raincoat at Bass Pro at a very good price.
And then I succumbed. The draw was just too great! I had to go into my favorite store in the entire world - Tower Records (Target runs a close second). I occasionally buy my music online but mostly I go to Tower. Online, I can only hear snippits of songs & have bought my fair share of stinker albums and even stinker downloads. At Tower, I can use the listening stations to listen to an entire CD if I want. And I have to say I have done that a few times. Yeah, you do get a few strange looks. I have to say, going to Tower with me isn't a short, pop in, pop out trip to the store. I actually go around to all the listening stations in the store to see what they have (ok, I tend to skip the classical, & show tunes and if I'm in a bit of a rush I'll skip the country, folk, world, & bluegrass). Now they even have a couple of locations where you can type in a particular album and if it's in the system, you can listen to it.
So after all that, let's just say I found a few good albums to add to my collection. I'll let you know more on that later.
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment