I just watched the craziest, most exciting period of hockey that I've seen in a really long time. (qualify that with a "that didn't involve the Predators"). Edmonton vs. Anaheim game 3 with Edmonton leading the series 2-0.
The only score prior to the start of the 3rd period was in the 1st period - a fluke goal by Edmonton. Early in the 3rd period, Edmonton scores 3 times in just a couple of minutes. So you think, it's over. But no! Anaheim then scored 3 times in less than 5 minutes. One of which was scored by bouncing the puck off the camera they had placed in the goal which made for a pretty cool camera angle. If that's not enough, both teams went on to score one more goal each. 8 goals in one period. Now that's a game! Go here for more.
I had forgotten that Rem Murray now plays for Edmonton. He played for Nashville last season before being struck with some disease that caused his neck to freeze. While he was still with the team, the doctors were trying all kinds of treatments just so that he could move his head enough to look forward. I guess they finally found something to work & now he's made his way back into the league. I've been looking for a reason to cheer for a particular team.. This seals it... as long as Edmonton's alive in the playoffs I'm cheering for them!
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment