I know I'm a few days late on this but the Predators' goalie Tomas Vokoun was named defensive player of the week on Monday. I guess that's what should happen when you get 3 wins with 2 of them being shut-outs. Read more.
While I was looking for the link to that, I stumbled on this transcript of a live chat Vokoun did on the NHL web site last week.
And by the way... Tuesday the Preds beat the Deadwings in a shoot out in Detroit. I've thought all season that I'd like to see a Nashville shoot out go past the 3 initial shooters each team gets. I just wanted to see who all Nashville would use after Kariya, Sullivan, & Zidlicky. This game I got my wish & with the shoot out going to 6 shooters I was a little shocked by the next 3 players coach Trotz called on. In order, he used Timonen, Sillinger, & Erat. Of those 4, I would've thought Erat would have been the 4th shooter. Timonen wasn't a big shock but I think my mouth was on the floor when Sillinger came out. I actually expected to see Upshall before either of them and most of the team before Sillinger. It's not a slight against Sillinger's playing ability. He's a very good player. He's just more of a set-up man than a goal scorer.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment