Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's Time For A List

Today's topic: My current favorite shows on TV.

These are in no particular order & like all my lists, the items are subject to change on a whim.
  • House (FOX)- Dr. House is super sarcastic & you all know I love sarcasm.
  • Grey's Anatomy (ABC) - I watched this the 1st time because there wasn't anything else on TV one Sunday night. It's very soap opera-y & I'd have to say it's my guilty pleasure.
  • CSI (CBS)- I'm counting the Vegas, Miami, & NY shows as one show. I think just about all chemist want to be in forensics.
  • Gilmore Girls (WB) - I've loved this one show from the get-go. Snappy & witty dialogue. And this season Lorelei got a neurotic dog she named Paul Anka. You have to see it to understand the humor there.
  • 7th Heaven (WB) - As long as they aren't trying to promote something it's a nice family show. It bogs down a bit when they try to go all afterschool special.
  • Numbers (CBS) - Using math to solve crimes. And that mathematician is just adorable.
  • Related (WB) - I watched one night after 7th Heaven & really like the interaction of the sisters. Granted, some of the sisters are a bit... um... wild.
  • Monk (USA) - I just want to protect Mr. Monk. He's so funny & neurotic.
  • Bones (FOX) - ok, I admit, I watched this the 1st time because it has David Boreanaz (who was Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer) but I keep watching because it's good. I think there's a trend on this list with mystery shows.
  • Mythbusters (Discovery) - sometimes you just have to prove & disprove a few urban legends. And laugh while you're doing it.
  • Stranded With Cash Peters (Travel) - Cash Peters gets kicked out of a car with no money & no idea where he is & has to survive for 24 hours on the kindness of strangers. Granted I'm sure he has an easier time than most since he has a film crew tagging along. And I love his voice. Maybe he'll show up in Nashville & I can make him read my phone book in exchange for dinner.

1 comment:

M. Fearghail said...

There haven't been any good TV shows, much, since 'Andy Griffith,' 'Star Trek,' 'Mash,' 'Sanford and Son,' and 'The Waltons.'

Well, I suppose, that 'Deep Space Nine' and 'Babylon 5' were pretty good. The current 'Battlestar Gallactica' does well, however.

Most of the modern 'sitcoms' reflect canned humor, sexual innuendo, and politically correct themes.

Cable TV should allow you to pay for only the channels that you want!