Last night, I was channel surfing & saw that The Prince & Me was on TV. I'd seen this movie before & thought it was cute so I decided to watch it again. For those who haven't seen it, the basic premise is the playboy prince of Denmark decides to enroll at the University of Wisconsin after seeing some seedy girls gone wild type video. Once there, he finds a serious girl, changes his way & falls in love. (Actually after re-reading what I wrote, if you want to see the movie, stop reading now - I give away too much.)
Only last night when I watching, I noticed that the weather & location & time of year did NOT match. The girl (& no, I can't remember her name) invites the prince home to her parents farm, in WISCONSIN, for Thanksgiving. When they arrive, the grass is green, there are green leaves on the trees, & they're all wearing light jackets. Now I've never actually been to Wisconsin, but my college roommate's was from there & that's not how Cindy described November in Wisconsin. It was such a problem for me, that I double checked to make sure she the character said "Thanksgiving" & "Wisconsin". So I decided to go with it, that maybe the director was making a subtle commentary on global warming & it's a mild winter.
But then, they return to campus & all the drama happens when she finds out who he is during finals. You know - guy gets girl, guy loses girl, girl decides she can't live without guy. The scene where she decides she can't live without him is while she's taking a class final (a final for a class she was taking before Thanksgiving). If I follow that clue, it should be fall semester finals, so around Christmas. Anyway, by this time, the Prince has returned to Denmark, so of course she follows him. But the Denmark she goes to looks nothing like I'd imagine Christmas in Europe. Not only are there no decorations or mention of Christmas, it looks like springtime. Everyone's in short sleeves, there are flowers & green trees everywhere. The only logical conclusion I could think of was that maybe it was a 2 semester class & was finals for spring semester. But then that doesn't jive with the newness of the relationship.
I just realized what a long post this has become, but you know, it rather bothers me when people forget the details. You'd think at least one person would've questioned the weather of Thanksgiving in Wisconsin or how it suddenly becomes spring in Denmark. Maybe this is why I don't watch a lot of movies...
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
'Walking Tall' had green grass and leaves on trees during Christmas, but that was a man's movie!
What is this 'The Prince & Me'? I've never seen it on Spike TV.
'Cute' movies with Denmark princes are for prissies!
That is all!
Post a Comment