Thursday, September 21, 2006

Vacation: July 22nd

One last day in London. We had to make some hard decisions of what of the many sights left to see we would actually squeeze in. Westminster Abbey won out over St. Paul's Cathedral. In the end, the Poet's Corner was just too much of a draw. And look, flying buttresses!
And another photo of the entrance to Westminster. So after we left Westminster, we had to check out the Portobello Road market in Notting Hill. If you've seen the movie Notting Hill, you know that scene where Hugh Grant is walking down the street & the season's change while the song "Aint No Sunshine" is playing in the background... that is the Portobello Road market. Unfortunately for us, we finally got to experience typical London weather... rain.
After the market, we thought, what kind of tourist would we be if we didn't at least see Buckingham Palace? So we took a little stroll over to the Palace. Here's the front gates.
The Queen Victoria memorial.
A closer shot.
And here's Lady Luck right in front of Buckingham Palace.
And Trina taking a picture of one of the guards. There's so much more left to see in London. I'm sure I'll make it back. I mean, I didn't even make it to the British Museum, St. Paul's, The Globe Theater, or Harrod's. Take my advice, 3 days are not nearly enough time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! :)