Sunday, August 06, 2006

Vacation: July 15th

Well after Jirka tracked down my luggage, we were off for our first sightseeing trip. We visited Perstejn Castle & I completely fell in love! This is the type of castle that I always think of when I read Hamlet... or fairy tales. Ok, so I haven't read Hamlet since college but it's still what I would imagine. This is the area where we started a tour of the interior of the castle. For some reason they don't get a lot of English speaking visitors so we were given scripts of what we seeing in each room & followed a Czech speaking tour. The only problem was that my script didn't match Trina's but we were smart enough to realize which was correct.
A few years ago when Trina went to Peru on a mission trip, the gnome travelocity commercials were just starting. I thought it would be fun for her to take pictures in the same way only she was very limited on her packing space so I bought her a lady bug PEZ dispenser. We call her Lady Luck. I have several pictures of her enjoying the sights.
This is the other trend of photos I have... photos of Trina taking pictures or maybe video. You never know with her.


The gates going into the castle. The scaffoling you see at the upper left of the picture is from repair work they are currently doing because of a fire last year. It also was the beginning of trend we encountered all throughout our vacation.
This is inside a little chapel on the castle grounds... and the only interior place we could take pictures.

After leaving Pernstejn, Cindy & Jirka tried & tried to think of a restaurant in Brno that served traditional Czech food... we ended up having Italian. But it was wonderful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat...I'love the PEZ dispenser!

Anonymous said...

Lori

Anonymous said...

You never know with me, huh?