Let's try this again. On Sunday, Cindy & Jirka took us to Lednice... a beautiful chateau near the Austria boarder. This one quickly became Trina's favorite of the 2 castles we visited in the Czech Republic. I'm still hanging on to Pernstejn as my favorite. But I will agree that the inside (which we unfortunately couldn't take any photo's of) were beautiful. The staircases in particular were amazing. Try this link to see some photo's of the staircases.
A view of the chateau from the gardens.
A view of Lednice. I think this was the middle part of the chateau.
A different view of the chateau. This was the start of the tour we took. And once again we got to carry around scripts. You know, you get some strange looks when you have them.
Just to prove I was really there. Here I am in front of the stables. Yes I said stables. There were some lucky horses that got to live in this place. And just to keep up with the construction trend of our trip... it appeared that they were beginning to renovate the stables.
An upclose pic of the stables. I was just drawn to it... can't explain why.
The required photo of Trina taking a picture... this time of me! Jirka's in the background on the phone with Cindy. Cindy was hiding out somewhere in the gardens taking care of Jakub.
A view of the gardens.
Lednice has a huge greenhouse. Yes those are full size palm trees. I started to guess how big it was but decided to look in a book I bought. It's 92 meters long, 13 meters wide & 10 meters high. Let's see, in feet, that's um... 100 yards long, 14 yards wide & 11 yards high. You know I did think it was about as long as a football field.
I took a lot of pictures of flowers because I know how much mom loves flowers. This was one of my favorite flowers in the entire greenhouse. Can anyone tell me what it is?
And one of the strangest flowers I've ever seen in my life. I'm including the photo with Lady Luck so you can tell just how large it is as well as to have the required photo of Lady Luck.
A view of the chateau from the gardens.
A view of Lednice. I think this was the middle part of the chateau.
A different view of the chateau. This was the start of the tour we took. And once again we got to carry around scripts. You know, you get some strange looks when you have them.
Just to prove I was really there. Here I am in front of the stables. Yes I said stables. There were some lucky horses that got to live in this place. And just to keep up with the construction trend of our trip... it appeared that they were beginning to renovate the stables.
An upclose pic of the stables. I was just drawn to it... can't explain why.
The required photo of Trina taking a picture... this time of me! Jirka's in the background on the phone with Cindy. Cindy was hiding out somewhere in the gardens taking care of Jakub.
A view of the gardens.
Lednice has a huge greenhouse. Yes those are full size palm trees. I started to guess how big it was but decided to look in a book I bought. It's 92 meters long, 13 meters wide & 10 meters high. Let's see, in feet, that's um... 100 yards long, 14 yards wide & 11 yards high. You know I did think it was about as long as a football field.
I took a lot of pictures of flowers because I know how much mom loves flowers. This was one of my favorite flowers in the entire greenhouse. Can anyone tell me what it is?
And one of the strangest flowers I've ever seen in my life. I'm including the photo with Lady Luck so you can tell just how large it is as well as to have the required photo of Lady Luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment