Just in case you were worried about me with all the bad weather in the Nashville area today. According to the non-stop weather coverage on the local stations, most of the storms right now are south or east of town. So far, the worst hit has been in the north part of the county in Goodlettsville & Sumner County which is one county over (& the last place I lived). They've already reporting 8 deaths in Sumner County alone. They're currently showing video on the local stations that's just amazingly sad.
If you want updates via the local media, here are the television stations:
WTVF
WSMV
WKRN
I often call the people who live on the coast or in California crazy because of the potential danger they put themselves in with the hurricanes and earthquakes. I guess I need to remember that my favorite place on Earth has it's own potential dangers as well.
I've also discovered that scientist are a bit different. When we got the warnings this afternoon, the non-scientist in the office were concerned about getting to the safest spot in the building & asking if anyone had a battery operated radio and flashlight. What were the scientist doing, you ask? Well, we could all be found at the windows to see if we could see anything. That is except for the people who decided that it was the perfect time for a smoke break outside.
Friday, April 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment