Monday, February 20, 2006

They're so funny

I'm watching Olympic ice skating. I know the commentators are being very serious in their critiques of the skaters but I'm cracking up listening to them! You'd think they were telling us the meaning of life or something. One poor couple skated to Bolero (which is my all time favorite classical piece) & apparently someone else years ago skated to the same thing & got perfect scores. So this guy compared it to having Roseanne Barr sing the National Anthem after hearing Whitley Houston sing it. Ouch! What a slam. And to tell the truth, it looked just as good as the other stuff I've seen tonight. I almost think I'm watching Mystery Science Theater 2000 or Cheap Seats (on ESPN Classic).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Sonya. I'm a huge figure skating fan, love that piece, and loved the couple who originally skated to that piece...Dean and Torville, but comparing this couple to them was like judging a dish before even tasting it. Poor taste and very unfair on the commentators parts.

Anonymous said...

by the way that was Darlene who wrote the above comment.

Sonya said...

Good to hear from you! I just heard the older guy tonight actually critique a skater for not having her skate laces tucked in... if I wasn't laughing so much I'd say it was time for him to hang up his skates.

M. Fearghail said...

I thought that 'Bolero' was a type of rope that cowboys use. Why should we care about some quiche-eating, limp wristed pansy on skates skating to a song about a cowboy rope?

Real men like football--and even UT basketball now!

Anonymous said...

They teach you to tuck in your laces practically the first day you step on the ice. She should be critiqued for stupidity.