To those who don’t know, I’ve become a huge hockey fan. And since I’m here in Nashville, my favorite team is the Predators.
I am not however cheering on the American hockey teams in this Olympics for one simple reason - USA Hockey’s decision to kick Cammi Granato to the curb. Who’s she, you’re most likely asking? She’s the face of USA women’s hockey, & actually the only player I knew by name. I would compare it to USA soccer telling Mia Hamm in the past Olympics “thanks but no thanks”. USA soccer got it right with the logic that you use your big names to cultivate more big names. (by the way here’s someone else who shares my opinion).
So, without me getting on a soapbox & boring you, long story short is that I’m rooting for the Czech men (& whoever is playing the US or Canada on the women’s side) in this Olympics. The Czech because there are 3 Preds on their team & my college roommate now lives there.
Saturday, February 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment