Monday, February 12, 2007

After the Grammy's

Well it looks like it was a good choice to not live blog the Grammy's. I spent a bit of the night getting immersed in the what/if/how's of a potential Predator's trade for Peter Forsberg. As of now, there's still no word on if it will materialize. But as soon as I read a particular message board post from a guy I know who I know has some inside connections, I was hooked on finding out everything I could.

Now back to the Grammy's. I remembered why I liked & why I didn't like to watch. For the most part, the music was good. The speeches & awards... boring. And I get very competitive. I want all my picks to win & when they don't, it's almost like my team losing a game. Any way, the Police were great. Gnarls Barkley was very cool. Mary J. Blige was awesome & I don't know why I didn't pick her to win some awards. The rest seem to be a jumbled mess in my mind.

So let's see how I did (winners are in bold)...

Record of the Year:
My pick: You're Beautiful-James Blunt
Probable winner: Not Ready To Make Nice-Dixie Chicks

Album of the Year:
My pick: St. Elsewhere-Gnarls Barkley
Probable winner: Taking The Long Way-Dixie Chicks

Song of the Year:
My pick: Jesus, Take The Wheel-Carrie Underwood
Probable winner: Not Ready To Make Nice-Dixie Chicks

Best New Artist:My pick: Chris Brown
Probable winner: James Blunt
Actual winner: Carrie Underwood

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
My pick: Unwritten-Natasha Bedingfield
Probable winner: You Can Close Your Eyes-Sheryl Crow
Actual winner: Ain't No Other Man- Christina Aguilera

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance:
My pick: Waiting On The World To Change-John Mayer
Probable winner: Bad Day-Daniel Powter

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal:
My pick: Over My Head (Cable Car)-The Fray
Probable winner: Over My Head (Cable Car)-The Fray
Actual winner: My Humps- The Black Eyed Peas

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals:
My pick: Hips Don't Lie-Shakira & Wyclef Jean
Probable winner: Promiscuous-Nelly Furtado & Timbaland
Actual winner: For Once In My Life- Tony Bennett & Stevie Wonder

Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal:
My pick: Steady, As She Goes-The Raconteurs
Probable winner: How To Save A Life-The Fray
Actual winner: Dani California- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best Rock Song:
My pick: Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol
Probable winner: Lookin' For A Leader-Neil Young
Actual winner: Dani California- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best Rock Album:
My pick: Broken Boy Soldiers-The Raconteurs
Probable winner: Stadium Arcadium-Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best Alternative Music Album:
My pick: St. Elsewhere-Gnarls Barkley
Probable winner: St. Elsewhere-Gnarls Barkley

Best Female Country Vocal Performance:
My pick: Kerosene-Miranda Lambert
Probable winner: Jesus, Take The Wheel-Carrie Underwood

Best Male Country Vocal Performance:
My pick: Would You Go With Me-Josh Turner
Probable winner: The Reason Why-Vince Gill

Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal:
My pick: Boondocks-Little Big Town
Probable winner: Not Ready To Make Nice-Dixie Chicks

Best Gospel Performance:
My pick: Made To Worship-Chris Tomlin
Probable winner: Victory-Yolanda Adams

Best Gospel Song: My pick: Mountain Of God-Third Day
Probable winner: Mountain Of God-Third Day
Actual winner: Imagine Me- Kirk Franklin

Best Short Form Music Video:My pick:Here It Goes Again -OK Go
Probable winner:Here It Goes Again -OK Go

Well, I didn't do too bad... if you combine my picks & the probable picks (61%). Now only 17% of my picks were correct.

Well I'm off. Got to go see if there's any new trade news.

No comments: