Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I missed it

The first episode of Rock Star... that is all except the final 3 singers. :( I thought the show started at 8:00 so I didn't think to record the show since I knew I'd be home at 8. Unfortunately it started at 7:00.

Last summer, when they were finding the new lead singer for INXS, my cousin finally convinced me to watch the show. I didn't want to at first because you just can't replace a lead singer of a band. But there were some really good singers on the show & I got hooked. Granted I just didn't think some of them, especially the women, were right for the band.

So when I saw the commercials for the new season, I was excited. This time, I can actually pull for the best singer including the female singers. That's because it's a new band, so I don't feel like the singers have to have a certain kind sound. Actually, that's not true, I do think there has to be a certain sound. This is a band formed by former members of Motley Crue, Metallica, and Guns N Roses... the lead singer of this band has to really rock! I did get to hear the reminder snippets at the end of the show. There were a few that I knew right away are not right. You just can't sound like John Mayer (& I love John Mayer) and front this band.

No comments: